Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thing # 2

I looked at the tutorial for the different kinds of life long learning. There are some good tips in there although some of them seem like common sense. It is good to put ideas into words though so we can organize our thoughts and know how best to help people. Mentoring and teaching others is pretty easy for me. I'm a very open person and like to talk and help people. I was going to a be a music teacher originally after all, so I know how to go about teaching someone-plus, I teach piano lessons and I love watching my students develop and grow-it is very rewarding although it is just as frustrating sometimes when they don't get it. But that's my job, right? To make sure they get it. My biggest challenge from the seven and a half steps would have to be using technology to my advantage. I'm decent with technology but I definitely feel behind-I'm hoping I can improve those skills greatly from library school-and well, from Erica! She's my go-to person for a lot of things and as I've told her, I'm very lucky to have her. She's my hero/mentor.

1 comment:

Erica said...

You are the best thing ever. :)